The Pre-Sales Engineer is a technically skilled member who help customers draw up requirements and select the correct products and services.
He also assist with technical questions or concerns during the sales process and frequently participate in the initial portion of the project specification process.
He will be responsible for the research and initial formation of new products and services, also for the upgrading of current products and services.
He will support sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions, collaborates with sales, service, R&D, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs.
He will be responsible for achieving a profit and productivity quota together with the Sales manager.
- Answer to RFI/RFQ/RFP together with the Key Account Sales manager.
- Participate in conferences, shows, exhibitions when appropriate and requested.
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements,
- Assesses customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommends optimum solutions, ensuring appropriate support for the proposed architecture.
- Shares with key account sales manager assigned targets for profitable sales growth in assigned product lines and/or market areas.
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within customers
- Monitors R&D/ customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alerts the sales and account teams to potential risks of deal closure.
- If required, acts as a Project Manager for each deal to ensure the final solution is delivered towards customer’s expectation and initial proposals
- Follows and shares market technological needs and evolution with Managers.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience in engineering, information systems, or business administration.
- At least 1 year of industry experience, in either sales engineering, sales and customer care or any field related to product development and/or sales and customer care.
- Proven technology skills, good interpersonal abilities, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office tools, a level no less than upper intermediate in English.
- Attention to detail, plus analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Positive, service-oriented personality.
- Willingness to travel.
- Knowledge in project management is a plus.